The video below demonstrates Infoshare feature in Carman 0.7 beta 2:
Main difference to beta 2:
* Infoshare feature does not need Pidgin anymore
* Carman supports up to 4 connected buddies
* Jabber/MSN/Yahoo are the supported protocols
* Infoshare daemon: infosharingd handles all communication between Carman
and libpurple, using DBus.
* A lot of improvements in carman-evas code
First I tested it with Maemo using a simple open wlan network and it works fine.
The problems that I faced:
* Missing tools
You will need some tools that does not came with the original image. Some extra packages installed(wireless-tools dropbear-server libicd-network-dummy dropbear-scp) using an extra repositories. I installed the packages with default Maemo kernel(2.6.21-omap1) to have access to internet during the installing of preview packages.
* RD flags did not work properly
Using all flags defined by README the device turn off without any output or error message. I used the “flags no-omap-wd, no-lifeguard-reset” as Briglia and it works.
* Navegate using Maemo browser
Maemo does not recognize the WLAN interface and I’m not able to select a network using the UI. So I connected to network using Xterm, but anyway I was not able to navegate using MaemoBrowser. It was necessary to create a DUMMY connection say the Maemo ICD that network is available.